You bet it is! Avocado oil is amazing…both in taste and in health benefits.
Avocado just like the olive is a fruit and similar to olive oil when you compare their nutritional profiles side by side. However, it has a higher smoke point which means it’s excellent to cook or roast with at higher heat without compromising the integrity of the oil.
- Excellent for heart health
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decreases joint pain and arthritis symptoms
- Keeps gums healthy
- High in antioxidants
- Beautifies skin and thickens hair
- Improves eye health
- Helps nutrients in other foods be more readily absorbed by the body
Suggested ways to include avocado oil into your diet:
- Drizzle over salads with a squeeze of citrus fruit as a dressing (sooo good!)
- Swirl onto steamed veggies
- Add a splash to soups
- When roasting chicken or vegetables
- In place of butter on organic popcorn (my favorite!)
Bottom line, use it as you would olive oil when cooking or on your skin.
Take note that if someone is allergic to latex…the allergy can also include avocados.
So, if that’s you…proceed cautiously. Otherwise, enjoy!